Combining tradition with the most challenging golf course in the region, Muthaiga Golf Club is a must play for any visiting golfer.
- 18 holes, Par71
- Altitude: 1,710mts
- Tee distance (championship): 7,169yards
- Tee distance (men’s): 6,801yards
- Tee distance (ladies’): 5,783yards
- Course rating (SSS): 72, 71, and 73
- Opened (original course):1913
- Opened (new course):2004
- Designer: Peter Matkovich
It is called The ‘Home of Golf ’and is the ultimate embodiment of Kenya’s unique marriage of ancient golf tradition and a modern 18-hole championship golf course. The force behind this renaissance is an extensive course reconstruction by the celebrated South African golf architect, Peter Markovich.
The Kenya Open, which is part of the European PGA Challenge Tour, has been hosted at Muthaiga Golf Club every year. Winding through the lush woodlands of Karura Forest, it offers a great ambiance, with its tree-lined fairways interspersed with numerous lakes and ponds. The water features are a breeding ground for magnificent Egyptian Geese, while monkeys frolic on the 522-yard doglegged 4th hole and the par-35th.
Club house facilities include:
- Clubs for hire
- 265-yard driving range
- Putting green, practice bunker and chipping green
- Fully equipped pro-shop
- Changing rooms with shower