Safari Ref MSA 104
Safari Highlight: Malindi / Tsavo East National Park / Malindi
3 Days Big Five of Tsavo safari tour itinerary
Day 1: Tsavo East National Park
Early drive along the “explorers’ route”, the Malindi – Sala Gate Road to arrive at the southern gate of Tsavo East and after a quick stop for refreshments, we shall start our wild experience. We shall head out on the rugged plains searching for lion, cheetah, elephant, buffalo and dozens more species under the park’s big horizons.
We shall proceed to the lodge for our lunch and some relaxation. After lunch, enjoy a short siesta before departing for an afternoon game drive. Dinner and overnight at Voi Wildlife Lodge or similar
Day 2: Tsavo West National Park
Early morning game drive before sunrise shall give you an opportunity to discover the real wildlife world enjoying the breaking light over the park’s vast expanse as we explore and track the big game. We shall return to the lodge for our buffet breakfast.
Then, we’ll head out again to enjoy a relaxed game drive, perhaps visiting the park’s known watering holes, where wildlife gathers to sustain itself from the otherwise thirsty park.
We shall drive and cross to the neighboring reserve of Tsavo West to explore its beauty and endowment with animals
The green hills and landscape at Tsavo West will greet you as we enter the park. The look here is of more foliage and features to the land. Look for oases, baobab trees and great volcanic lava beds. This park is famous for the “Big Five”. Game drive enroute to the lodge for lunch and a short siesta.
The park also features a protected sanctuary for dozens of endangered black rhinos. Though the big creatures are shy, we’ll try to find them in this protected enclave. Dinner and overnight at Ngulia Safari Lodge or similar
Day 3: Malindi
Early morning game drive in the park before returning for our breakfast. Traveling over the dewy wet grass, with the emerging golden light upon us is one of the great treasures of the safari experience.
After breakfast, we shall drive to Mzima Springs, a beautiful oasis fed by millions of gallons of crystal waters. We can take a guided walking safari by the shores and see hippos, crocodiles, fish and even migratory birds. There’s even an underwater hippo viewing chamber here to watch the underwater ballet of these enormous creatures. After the visit, drive back to your coastal hotel with lunch enroute
Our package for above arrangements includes:
- 3 bottles of mineral water per client per day while on safari
- 1 safari hat per client
- 1 safari bag per client
- Transport in a safari minibus with pop-up roof for game viewing
- Accommodation in the above mentioned lodge in standard rooms on full-board
- Government taxes
- Game drives in the national parks/reserves
- Services of a professional driver-guide while on safari
- Park entrance fees to above mentioned national parks and reserves
- Window seat is guaranteed for every passenger
- Flying doctors
Our Package DOES NOT include:
- Domestic and International flights as well as taxes
- Entry Visa to Kenya
- Personal insurance cover
- Accommodation in Mombasa and Nairobi
- Lunch on Day 7
- Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks except mineral water while on the safari
- Gratuities, tips, cigarettes, laundry
- Any item of personal nature
- Any other item NOT mentioned above
- Any deviation from above itinerary