It is the finest of Nairobi’s championship golf courses.
- 18 holes, par72
- Altitude: 1,830meters
- Tee distance: 7,290yards
- Tee distance (men’s): 6,734yards
- Tee distance (ladies’): 5,695yards
- Course rating (SSS): Men-72,Ladies-72
- Designer: Tom Macauley
It is the Kenya’s first truly “international” 18-hole course celebrated for its captivating blend of world class championship golf with the more down-to-Earth delights of Africa’s natural heritage. Built on a former coffee estate, The Windsor is testament to the enduring vision of Tom Macauley, President of the former British Association of Golf Course Architects, who designed the course with a firm commitment to preserving the exceptional stands of virgin forest.
The course remains a critical sanctuary for several significant bird species, including Egyptian geese, black kites, and the majestic brown eagles that soar above its fairways. Two of the greens are completely ringed by water, adding an exhilarating test for both local and visiting golfers. The Windsor prides itself as a natural “starting point” for international golfers.
Club house facilities include:
- Branded club sand buggies
- Top brands for sale in the pro-shop
- 273-yard driving range
- Putting greens and practice bunkers
- Changing rooms with showers
- Hotel with restaurants, lounge bars
- Heated swimming pool
- Squash, tennis courts and jogging track